Founded in 1970, Shikai is a family owned and operated business. We formulate and manufacture botanically-based personal care products such as shampoo, conditioner, liquid soaps, lotions and creams. Please carefully read the descriptions of our open positions below. If you are qualified, please send your resume to info[at]shikai[dot]com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Full-time positions qualify for benefits that include health, dental, retirement plan match as well as paid vacation and holidays.
|Job Title||Bottling Line Assembler|
|Reports to||Factory Manager|
|Hours of Work||8:00 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday|
To accurately and efficiently fill and package assigned cosmetic products.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The assembler will be expected to learn and perform the following tasks at various times.
- Load bottles or tubes onto the hopper
- Place caps on bottles and assure that they are tightly affixed by the bottling machine
- Assure that labels are applied properly
- Periodically sample test filled bottles and tubes to assure that the fill weight is as specified on the container
- Accurately load filled containers into the case and master case, including additional packaging, inserts or other material, as required
- Run cases through the taping machine and stack on a pallet. Verify that all cases are properly labeled
- Prepare empty cases for production by taping the bottom and staging at the end of the assembly line
- Move completed pallets of finished goods to the shipping area to be later positioned for order fulfillment
- Clean equipment and work areas as required to assure proper sanitary conditions
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal skills—Be respectful and tolerant of others
- Oral communication—Listen well and get clarification when needed
- Teamwork==Balance team and individual responsibilities. Exhibit objectivity and openness to others’ points of view. Contribute to building a positive team spirit. Support everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Focus—Able to stay on task and react properly to what is happening on the production line
- Quality work—Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness. Look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Quantity—Meet productivity standards and complete work in a timely manner
- Safety and Security—Observe all safety and security procedures and report potentially unsafe conditions
- Adaptability—Adapt well to changes in the work environment
- Attendance and punctuality—Consistently attend work and be on-time
- Dependability—Follow instructions well and respond positively to management direction. Complete given tasks on time
- Initiative—Readily volunteer for tasks. Ask for and offer help when needed
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and Experience: A high school diploma or general education degree (GED) or a minimum of three months experience is required.
Language Skills: Must be able to read and comprehend simple instructions, printed materials, and correspondences, and write simple messages. Able to effectively present information to another individual or a small group of individuals in the organization.
Mathematical Skills: Should be able to perform simple math skills such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Reasoning Ability: Able to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out written or oral instructions.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations: There are none required except certification to operate a forklift
Physical Demands: For most job duties, the employee will be required to stand. Frequently the job will also entail walking, use of hands, reaching, stooping, and lifting up to 10 pounds. Occasionally there will be a need to lift up to 50 pounds. Vision abilities are need for both close and distance. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities the opportunity to perform their work.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes, and airborne particles and chemicals. There is occasionally exposure to wet conditions. The noise level is deemed to be moderate.
Send your resume to info[at]shikai[dot]com.