Founded in 1970, Shikai is a family owned and operated business. We formulate and manufacture botanically-based personal care products such as shampoo, conditioner, liquid soaps, lotions and creams. Please carefully read the descriptions of our open positions below. If you are qualified, please send your resume to info[at]shikai[dot]com. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Full-time positions qualify for benefits that include health, dental, retirement plan match as well as paid vacation and holidays.
Quality Assurance Manager
Shikai Products located in Santa Rosa, California is seeking a qualified individual to assume the role of Quality Assurance Manager. The selected candidate will spearhead all efforts to assure the consistent production of safe, high quality products.
- Oversee regulatory compliance mostly regarding FDA regulations. Manage and renew all regulatory registrations.
- Assist in the development of new product formulations.
- Assure that each product batch is compounded to the established formulations.
- Oversee a staff of three compounders.
- Establish inventory control and procedures for raw materials.
- Prepare SSOP, SOP, and HACCP guidelines.
- Create and review documentation used in Good Manufacturing Practices and monitor audits of production efforts.
- Investigate customer complaints to determine the root cause and take corrective action.
- Document variances to established procedures.
- Create and update risk management.
- Measure product shrinkage at various stages of production.
- Assure that the production calendar is achieved as scheduled.
- Coordinate independent lab testing.
Skills and Competencies
- Detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Proficient in FDA and international regulations.
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office (especially excel) and ERP systems such as SAP and Oracle
- Strong management capabilities.
- Ability to write clear, concise, and precise technical documents.
- Ability to work in a time-line driven environment.
Knowledge and Education
- Minimum of five years quality assurance experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Science or equivalent.
- Knowledge of product formulation methods.
- Familiarity with ISO or GMP standards.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds of weight.
Hours: 8:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday through Friday
Reports to: General Manager
Job Type: Full-time
Send your resume to info[at]shikai[dot]com.